Thursday, April 30, 2009

Birth Story!






Okay so here is how Jaxen's birth went. Well I had to go in for testing on my liver twice the week before he was born because my swelling was unbeleivebly bad and my blood pressure was high fo r2 weeks and not getting better. Well all the test came back negative but we still decided to make my induction date for Monday the 27th I was releived cause it ment there was an end insight for the hardest pregnancy I have had. Not that it was so horrable I was just sick of all the sicknesses and pain and everyhting else if it wasn't one thing it was another. Well on the 21st at my Doctors appointment the doctor decided to strip my membranes (which is the worst feeling in the world by the way) since I was a 2 and 40% just to try and get things going for Monday. Well on the 22nd I was having pretty painful contractions but they were coming like ever half hour to hour so I knew i wasn't in labor. That night I decided to take some tylenol since it makes me sleepy just to try and sleep better, I slept so good that night and didn't have one contraction that woke me up atleast. At 6:00 in the morning it hit and it hit hard ( my contractions never start out gradually they just hit hard) so I got out of bed and started getting the kids clothes ready for the day cause I knew I would be going to the hospital. At 6:30 Nic's alarm went off for work and he got out of bed and saw me standing there and said "why are you dressed" i then preceed to tell him I am having lots of contractions since 6, so he timed them and they were coming every 3 min. at that point so we headed out to the hospital. I get to the hospital and tell them everything that is going on and that I have super fast deliveries and I really really want an epidurial this time. So they take me to my delivery room an dput me on all the moniters and checked me and I was a 3 and 50%. So she goes out to call my Doctor and comes back in to tell me that he is on his way to come check me in an hour to see if I have progressed enough to keep me since I was not 39 weeks yet. Well by that time I am about ready to kill someone because of the pain and I tell my nurse I was having alot of pressure and she needed to check me again, she looked at me like ok but I just checked you 10 minutes ago. So she checks me and I was a 5 and almosed completely effaced so she knew that I was not going any where and started getting be ready for the epidural. She gets my IV in adn the anistesioligest gets there and starts my epi. He gets it in and tells me he had to take it out an ddo it again cause it went into a blood vessel, so he does a new one and I am in heven. Nic didn't know what to do with himself beacuse usually he dosent have time to do anything because the baby is coming and coming now. My doctor then gets there and pops my water and I was still at a 5 so we waited 20 minutes and checked me again and I still hadn't changes so they started some potocin and 5 minutes later I was ready to push. I pushed about 10 times and Jaxen was born at 9:57 in the morning so about 4 hours of labor and an epi this time it was a great birth. Oh I forgot when they popped my water it was green so he had had a bowl movement. but when he was born the resperitory team came and checked him and he was fine they thought. After 4 hours of sitting in my delevery room since I was one of 9 births that morning I finally got into my other room. The hospital was so busy they ran out of rooms and had to start putting ladies on the 3rd floor. I had Jaxen in my room for the fist night and the next morning they took him to the special care nursery because he was breathing really fast. They did a bunch of tests and a 72 hour culture and an x ray and found out he did swallow the meconium so he had to stay in the special care til the 72 hour culture came back. I got released from the hospital on the 24th and they gave me a room that I could stay in so I could go in and nurse him through the night. after staying one night in that room i decided to come home to get some good sleep. That was the hardest thing I have ever ahd to do, I cried all night and got up at 6 to go back to the hospital to be with him. On Monday the 27th they released Jaxen and said he passed all his test and he was good to go home. I am so glad to have him home with us and so are the kids.

4 comments:

Rach and Danny said...

What a cutie! did you have him at timp? I had madison there on the 2nd but she was supposed to be born the 23rd and then we went back there on the 17th cuz she had rsv. Danny and Ethan gave it to her. We were there until the 25th, and the Nurses in Pediatrics had told us there were a million babies being born and they had to use the 3rd floor as overflow.

Unknown said...

Congratualtions on the newest addition to your family. I am sad that I missed hearing the news. Dang cell phones. Hear is my newest number 208-403-7473. That one should hold for a while. We will definitely get together the next time I am down there. I know for sure that I will be down at the end of June, not sure when I will be dragging my husband down with me, though. We'll see. Anyway, congrats! You have a beautiful family!

Darci said...

I'm so glad that you are all home and doing well. We missed you at the walk- but you sure had a good excuse :D Aren't epidurals awesome! Can't wait to see him :D

Kalun and Kristi said...

He is adorable!