Friday, February 20, 2009

Joys of Parenting

Nic has decided he is going to sell Amber. She has started to decide that she can hold it when she has to go to the bathroom. She has been having little accidents lately because of this. They have just been little though, nothing big just a little dribble in her underpants. Until tonight When me and Nic are out on the couch me on the lap top and Nic playing Playstation. Amber ran into the bathroom which is a natural thing and of course Masen ran in after her. Well after a minute Masen came out of the bathroom and was trying to wipe something off of his foot, and that is when me and Nic said to each other " It really smells like poop, really strong" (Which is not odd when Amber is in there doing her thing) So I just yelled into the bathroom "Amber what are you doing?" Which is when we hear I am trying to clean it up. Thats when Nic jumped up to see what she was cleaning up. All I hear is what the heck were you doing, and Masen get out of here and then, Honey I am going to need your help. So I get up and waddle into the hall way where the smell is so unbearable I was already dry heaving and there it was. Amber had tried to "Hold it" and didn't quite get onto the toilet in time so it was all over the bathroom floor. Which then she was trying to clean it up by herself but instead of cleaning it up smeared it everywhere. I took one look at Nic and said " there is no way I am even going to attempt to clean that up I am already going to puke and I am only in the hall." So I took Masen to wash his hands and feet off which were covered in it too cause Amber had recruited the help of her 1 year old brother to help her clean it up. So all in all we had a nice discussion with Amber about not holding it any more to go to the bathroom when she feels like she need to go. The joys of being a parent! :0)

4 comments:

Tory Miller said...

That is so funny! Sick for you guys, but you will look back and laugh one day!! It's crazy the things that you have to do when you are a parent that involve poop and puke!! Oh so wonderful!!

Monica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Gross!! LOL!! Poor Masen!

Darci said...

Don't you hate it when they are suddenly so independent? Jed would sell Braxton too!