Sunday, September 19, 2010

Living my own worst nightmare!

For those of you that didn't know at the end of June we found out we were expecting our 4th! We went to the doctor and found out we were due March 1st, 2010. Everything was going great and normal as my pregnancies go. Morning sickness kicked in and then I started feeling lots better. On Friday Sept. 17th I expected that I had some sort of bladder infection or something of the sort, so I called the Dr. and he had me come in so we could get it taken care of before the weekend. I did all the normal stuff when you get there, checked in, got my weight checked, blood pressure, temp. taken, then waited for the Dr. to get in the room and tell me what kind of infection I had. He came in and looked over my charts and tells me I definitely have a UTI and wrote out a prescription for it. Then he has me lay on the table so we could listen to the babies heart beat. He puts all the goop on my belly and starts searching for the little sound i just longed to hear at that moment, nothing beats that sound when you are 16weeks and can't really feel the baby yet. That is when my nightmare of a night begins. We searched and searched for it he used 3 different dopplers saying it must just be the doppler or the baby is just a really good hider since we just heard the heart beat just 2 weeks before. After 45 min. of searching I knew something was not right, he called over to the hospital so I could go in for a ultrasound. I call Nic hysterical cause he is at work and I didn't want to do this alone. Off I drive to the hospital crying so I can hardly see the road. I get there and register and finally Nic got there to be with me. We go into get the ultra sound done. I lay down on the table again and as soon as I saw the tiny baby I knew it was not good. There was no heart beat he was measuring at 15 weeks so he had been gone for a week. My Dr. came in to explain what this means. There was no reason for it, nothing they could find on the ultrasound to explain what had happened or why this had happened cause it is not a normal thing to happen being in my second trimester. He says maybe we will get some answers after we deliver. He then tells me I needed to head down to labor and delivery right now and they were going to induce me right then. I was so overwhelmed at this point I couldn't even think. I then proceeded to call my mom and Nic called his. Then we made the long walk down to labor and delivery to do the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my whole life. I in my lovely gown and get all hooked up to an IV. They then come in and tell me everything that is going to happen. My mom and my sister get there and Nic's mom to be with us. They tell me it could take hours since I am totally closed and thick. They took a tiny little pills and put them by my cervix to put me into labor. It all started at 6 pm Friday night and at 2 am on Sat morning our beautiful and perfect tiny little baby boy was born. He was so perfect and there were still no answers to what had happened. They took his tiny little body and weighed him he was 2.8 oz and 5 1/4 inches long. We named him Parker Dell Christensen. The little and most beautiful little thing you would ever see. They bundled him up and handed him to me, we held him for a while then they took his tiny little body down to make some little plaster casts of his feet and hands for us then they took him down to the morg.Where the mortuary picked him up the next morning for us. We are going to bury him with my grandma so that his little body is not alone here on this earth. This is my worst nightmare coming true I have always said I never want to have to bury one of my kids and now I am going through it and it is the hardest thing I have ever done or been through. And I would not wish this upon anyone. I don't know what I would do with out the gospel in my life! I am so truly grateful that he his mine and will always be mine even though he is not here on the earth with us! I am sorry if this post is to graphic but I needed to get all these thoughts out of my head before I explode. I know it is going to take time and lots of it but I know I can get through this and since there are no medical reasons for why this happened I know it happened because our father in heaven had far better plans for him up in heaven and he was just so perfect that he just needed to come down here for a short while to get his body. I am so excited for the day when I get to meet my little Parker again! Thank You for everyone that has been praying for our family they are so much appreciated at this time and I can use all them I can get right now.
Nichole

14 comments:

Suzy said...

So truly sorry to hear this, Nichole. I can't imagine how hard it must be. It's good you have strong family and friends to get you through this. I wish you only the best.

Penn and Kass said...

I'm so sorry! My prayers are with you!

Darci said...

Nichole and Nic- know that we love you and are thinking of you. Let us know if you need anything and also if you are having a service. Parker is now an angel making special plans for your meeting in Heaven someday. "The only way to take the sorrow out of death is to take the love out of life."

Tory Miller said...

Nichole!! I am sooo sooo sorry!! I am seriously speachless!! I love you!! I can't even imagine!! I wish I could give you a big hug right now and cry with you!!! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you!!

Angelique said...

We love you guys! Keep Heavenly Father with you. He can help you through this. We will be here if you need anything at all.

Jodanna said...

Oh Nichole, I am SO sorry. My heart aches for you- the pain is real & you are right, it is a nightmare. And it can be HELL at times. Your heart will ache and your arms will ache. But Heavenly Father does not need to explain himself. We just have to have the faith to follow His will. I know you will be blessed- Parker's special spirit has a purpose for your family. And I know, as Christ has promised, the Spirit will be there to comfort you and give you guidance; but always remember you will have to do your part and receive the peace and look for the tender mercies. I know Heavenly Father loves you, and he loves your family, and he loves Parker. I want you to know that you are surrounded by a great amount of family- even very extended family- that morns for you & your loss, and loves you all very much.
Love, Jodanna

Brittani said...

I am so sorry Nicole. We will be praying for you and your family.

Malerie said...

Nichole, i am so sorry to hear that. that is never something you are ever wanting to go through! i hope that you start feeling better. and how great is it to have the gospel, makes things a little bit easier at times. we love you, and will for sure be praying for you and your little family.

Rachel said...

Your story brought back memories of when I lost one at 16 weeks too....made me cry:) The best advice anyone gave me ,though ,was to go to the temple...I did find peace there. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Oh Nichole! I am so sorry for your loss! You and your family will be in our prayers as well. Even after reading your post, I can't even imagine what you went through, I'm glad that you know that Heavenly Father will give you strength, keep relying on him! Love you!

Celeste said...

Nichole - I am so sorry for your loss. What a sweet blessing it must have been to see him and hold him if only for a short time.

The atonement is so powerful if we let it be. Your testimony will probably be one of the only things that can carry you through this. Losing someone we love is something that we just can never 'get over.' Love little Parker as much as possible and be sad for as long as you need. You are allowed to grieve. As do you that, please let Christ wrap you in His love and hold you. He is always there and always will be.

My heart aches for you. What a beautiful moment it will be when you are re-united with your own angel!

I wish I could do something to ease your pain - all I know to do is just to pray. Pray for you, pray for Parker, pray for your kids, and for Nic. And I will do that!!! If I can help in any way, PLEASE let me know.

I couldn't think of a better family for Parker to be a part of - you guys truly are amazing! I love you guys to pieces! My thoughts and prayers are with you constantly!

Celeste

The Gardiner's said...

So Sorry Nicole. I had a misscarriage this summer. I know it must have been very hard. Hang in there. Wish we could be there Friday. God Bless

Orange Juice said...

Nichole, I am so sorry to hear! I hope that you are truly finding peace in such a loss. What a strong person and mommy you are for God to have allowed this trial in your life! I cannot imagine. lots of love and we will keep you in our prayers.

Becca said...

Nicole, I had no idea! I'm so sorry! You are such a great mom and so strong and brave! I wish you and your family the very best.