So I know I am super behind on updating the blog and will get on that ;) But I needed to share this hymn tonight and write it down so I can remember it! I have never heard this hymn and I was reading a book tonight and I think it was pure inspiration that I read it. In the book this guy is talking about some hardships he has had in his life and a experience he had in the temple when he went to plead to his father in heaven for a soften heart and to be able to forgive and move on past his burdens. Well he explains how he was in the waiting room and the organist was playing a song and he had never heard the tune before and didn't know the words. Well before he was brought back into his session he went up to the organ and asked what that song was she had just played.
" Lean on My Ample Arm, hymn #120" she replied. Well he looked up the words to see why he was so touched by this hymn and didn't even know the words.
Here are the words: Lean on my ample arm, o thou depressed! And I will bid the storm Cease in thy breast what- e'er thy lot may be On life's complaining sea. If thou wilt come to me, Thou shalt have rest. If thou wilt come to me, Thou shalt have rest. Lift up thy tearful eyes, Sad heart, to me; I am the sacrifice Offered for thee In me thy pain shall cease, In me is thy release, In me thou shalt have peace Eternally. In me thou shalt have peace Eternally.
I am pretty sure this is my new favorite hymn! I don't know what I would do without the gospel in my life right now. I know I wouldn't be able to handle all my burdens. I love this hymn cause it reminds me of the sacrifices and all the pain the Savior went through for me! With loosing all these babies ( having just lost another one) I know he is there for me and feels my pain and loves me and has these 3 beautiful and perfect babies up in heaven with him watching over my family. I hope that I can one day have another baby and we will figure out my body and why I am not being able to keep these babies. But I am so grateful for the babies I do have here on this earth that I love with all my heart. I am so glad I have the gospel to turn to and for nights like tonight that i get these little reminders that he is listening to me and knows my pain.
DIY Paper Spinner for Endless Fun
-
Hi! I’m kimbo from a girl and a glue gun, guest posting today on Make and
Takes. Keep kids entertained all summer with this super simple DIY paper
spinne...
4 days ago
3 comments:
Nichole, know that I'm thinking of you, especially tonight after just reading this. Thank you for the uplifting message and for those simple words. You are such a beautiful lady that I'm very glad to know! Keeping you and yours in my prayers tonight. XO, Darci
thank you for sharing such a beautiful message! I know the Savior is there for everyone, if we only ask! Let me know if there is anything I can ever do to help you out!
You are so awesome & inspiring! You are so strong. I am praying for you & would love to talk or whatever else you may need. Thank you for being such a great example of how to trust in our Savior.
Post a Comment